A general daily routine
Getting up, running and getting ready for work/ for school/ for college/for any other commitments…Complaining about oh, there is so much of traffic on the road, there are so many problems at work, there is so much of problem at home, people do not listen, they are not supporting , they are ignoring….what will happen in future, what will happen in our lives, what will happen about my child or my spouse or my parents or my company that I have started….
Millions of people on this earth are worried about the future. No doubt this increases the mental health issues. The percentage of mental health issues are increasing in multiples. WHO, in one of the reports (Oct 2018), mentioned that around 450 million people currently suffer from mental disorders and estimates 1 in 4 people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders in some point in lives.
The data is asking us to get ready, get ready to start working on it today and not wait for the water to boil at 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
What can one do to be mentally healthy in the daily routine life: LIVE IN PRESENT
Live in Present: Living in present is the most important task which is taken over by either past bad experiences or future worries. Most of the people are living either in their past or in the future. How do we live in Present is a question mostly asked to me and here is the answer to this:
- AWARENESS ABOUT YOUR BREATHING: While you get up early morning before you do anything and I mean literally anything, become aware of your breathing- how are you breathing, and thank your breath to help you live life.
- YOUR EYES GIVES YOU SURPRISE: Move your eyes around slowly and observe the different colours around you, and you would be surprised to see something which you didn’t even see.
- RHYTHM IN YOUR EARS: Close your eyes and hear the sounds in the environment. Hear the external sounds, maybe birds chirping, wind blowing, an internal talk or an internal music/rhythm.
- FRAGRANCE AROUND: As you breathe, see, hear and feel differently, become aware of fragrances around you. As you are getting up and getting ready to have a cup of tea/coffee/green tea, and the first thing which you are taking in the morning, become aware of the smell of it. If you love flowers around, smell each petal of it and notice differently.
- TONGY TASTE: Now I would invite you to eat/drink that first thing you are having and become aware of the taste on your tongue. And let your mouth be full of that taste and appreciate the food and someone who made it.
- APPRECIATE, GRATITUDE& SURRENDER: Being grateful to your senses for enabling you to live life is the most uncommon thing, which I would like you to do. With gratefulness, surrender to your soul to being in present.
Shree Krishna also stated it in verse 7.14 of the Bhagavad Gita: “My divine energy Maya, consisting of the three modes of nature, is very difficult to overcome. But those who surrender unto me cross over it easily.”
Live in this moment and repeat this everyday morning and evening. While you do this, you observe different feelings, I would invite you to write them somewhere or talk to someone about this feeling. As you talk about it, your neurology is going to receive it like a small strand and repeated discussion is going to make it stronger.
Share this with your friends, family and especially with your children who would enjoy it and remember this for a lifetime.