Journey of strides – ups & downs, highs & lows, hiccups & straight, happiness & sadness.
Life is all about experiences but what makes it interesting is how we respond to the situations. One day while I was walking down the street, I saw two kids playing with balloons. Suddenly the balloons busted; one child laughed on the burst while the other cried and became sad.
Yeah, this tells a lot about human mindset. Similar situation and different perspectives.
We often meet people who are always happy and welcoming and we wonder what is the secret behind this?
Do we feel warm and welcoming when we meet some people and we wonder what could be the secret behind they always been happy. Well, when I got introduced to NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), I learn a lot about how we can train our unconscious consciously and choose to be happy and turn off our sadness consciously.
Next time whenever you feel sad, notice your body language. Observe the way you move your head, eyes, hands, legs, how do you look, hear your own tonality, what do you feel , where do you feel. People in depression actually train their mind unknowingly unconsciously to be in that body language and tonality too.
So, what I need to do and how can I overcome it?
- First & foremost, right there & then, you need to loudly and clearly say SHUTUP to your mind
- Then, close your eyes, relax and take a deep breath – you may do it till you relax in a good state
- Visualize it as a movie and see yourself sitting in a balcony. This movie is about the situation which is making you feel sad.
- Now start the movie from the beginning (where you were just ok), play the entire movie till the end (where you are ok again)
- See this picture clearly; notice the size of the picture, colors, location, distance from you, people in the image, each and every minute detail
- Hear the sound clearly, be aware of the sounds, vocals, tonality, words, where the voice is coming from
- Now feel the feeling, wherever it is – head, heart or stomach, give it a shape, size, color
- Then play the movie backwards, from the state you are ok to the beginning you are ok. Hear the sounds, put some Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse or any cartoon music you like, put a clown nose on the person’s face and pull up the feeling in your hand outside and churn it backwards
- Now quickly fade away the complete movie. Make it completely black & white
- You are in the beginning – where you are absolutely OK
- Feel that change in feeling, the shape, color, size has changed. We call them Sub modalities in NLP
Congratulations! You just changed your feelings. Let’s take it to the next level now.
- Now, give a resource to yourself to handle the situation – Courage, determination, love, freedom, it could be anything. Your subconscious is smart enough to know what it wants.
- Now quickly use this resource and change the movie.
For example, if I wanted to give love as a resource. I would love myself and other and let go things easily. Play it the way you handle it with your new resource.
- Leave the balcony and go inside the movie theatre. Play it from the start using the resource and complete the movie the way you want. See things clearly changing, hear the sounds clearly and Feel the change.
- Remember to say THANK YOU to this part of you which make you learned that you have to use this resource whenever required. Everything in our life has a purpose.
Remember all that I seek is within me- I just need to call it and use it !