For me any subject is beyond a subject, and that goes with NLP too. NLP helped me to delete, overcome and enhance many things in my life. Deleting something which use to bother me in my past, overcome my past grief and fears and enhance my new version!
There is always more to be discussed then write, I wrote this as I have been getting many queries on the fundamental questions and I think this can help in some ways to you.
Let me tell you some basics about NLP today:
What is NLP
NLP is a tool which enables an individual to tap the unlimited potential using anchoring, self-hypnosis, linguistic patterns like embedded commands etc, Milton-Model (Meta-Model Question Tool), Perceptual Position, Sensory Acuity to communicate to the world and much more.
- Using the above tools you can do what you want like (these are some applications and list is more)
- Changing Patterns (overcoming unwanted behaviors)
- Overcome any grief, guilt, fears, anxiety, phobias
- Letting go
- Forgiveness and Gratitude
- Getting clarity over confusion
- Achieve Your Goals
- Accepting Criticism with Positive Intention
- Overcome any physical pain
- Rapport in personal and professional life
- Stronger Relationships and deep connects
- Improving Decision Making Ability
- Handle conflicts easily
- Improve negotiation skills
- In a nutshell – Personal and Professional development with techniques
The Subject started by Creators – Richard Bandler and John Grinder, in the year 1970’s in California, United States and evolved from modeling famous psychologists like Milton Erickson, Virginia Satir, Fritz Pearls and some other names too.
There is more to it!
Some books to read:
- Ultimate Introduction to NLP – Richard Bandler
- Patterns of Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Vol 1&2 – Richard Bandler & John Grinder
- Structure of Magic – Part 1 & 2 – A book about language and Therapy
- Author Richard Bandler & John Grinder (Introduction Gregory Bateson and Virginia Satir)
How can I Learn NLP
There are many societies now where you can learn NLP From.
- NLP Life Training
- NLP Academy
- And more…
How do I choose
I am no one to comment on which one is good or bad. It’s subject matter experience and a perception.
Some basic points which will help you to understand and choose for self is:
– Your Connect and Trust with the facilitator
– The training or course you join helps you in experience and not in theory
– It allows you to practice with the group
– Helps you to understand the structure behind Why it works- There is a reason to it!
– The Facilitator also does continuous learning to upgrade
– You can definitely choose to learn from different people as NLP Promotes peer learning (from my learning perspective) (Though the societies would definitely prefer you to complete one society process. Technically it does make sense as you will start understanding one building and its blocks; and then shape another building)
– Know your objectives and align it with your training if you want to – Example whether you are taking up to increase your professional excellence or personal excellence or whether you want to utilize it for enhancing your knowledge and use it in your own subject like dancing or painting or project management or whether you want to be the trainer
– Discuss this openly with your Facilitator
– Choose to meet multiple people and attend their awareness programs. There is plenty to choose from.
– At last, of course, your intuitions are your filters which will help you to choose the right facilitator and trainer
NLP has below levels:
NLP Practitioner Levels
- Basic Practitioner
- Master Practitioner
- Train The Trainer
Expand your horizon and choose it as one of your Life Skill to enhance your self version! And keep upgrading more and more!